2face responds to song theft allegation



Veteran dancehall singer Blackface has been part of the entire process as he first called out Wizkid, but he has most recently focused on 2Baba, saying the singer ‘stole’ his song Let Somebody Love You.
This allegation has made the news around the nation, with many wondering and asking why it took this long for him to speak out if indeed his songs were stolen.
In a new development, the accused singer 2Baba has weighed in on the discourse. He revealed that the allegations from his former group mate were unfortunate.
Speaking to Channels TV, he said he does not know how the allegations came about...
He added that he first thought Blackface’s Twitter account was hacked when the allegations started to make the news.
My brother it’s just so unfortunate. I do not know where it is coming from [but] I am trying to think of different reasons.
“At first I first thought his account was hacked or something. Apparently it wasn’t hacked, so…We will trash the whole matter but I got nothing but love and respect for him and it is just so unfortunate that he is coming at me like that.”
He added that he has nothing but love for the Killah singer even though he clearly doesn’t feel same way towards him.
2Baba said: “Apparently he doesn’t consider me his friend anymore but I wish him no ill-will. Let’s leave it like that for now.”